Selling your home can be a stressful time, but don’t worry—the agents at Adams Real Estate are here to help! Here is a list of frequently asked questions that we get from sellers just like you!
Do I need a real estate agent to sell my home?
- Hiring a real estate agent provides many benefits to the seller during the hectic process of selling a home. At Adams Real Estate, our agents take a lot of the burden off the seller, as we assist you in every step of the selling process. We handle the advertising and marketing of your home, prepare for open houses, and help you negotiate when you receive an offer. We also act as a resource to you when you have tough decisions to make, and we help prepare the documents needed for closing day. Choosing to hire a real estate agent will give you peace of mind that you aren’t going through the process alone—we’ll be there to guide you every step of the way.
How do I determine the selling price?
- The agents at Adams Real Estate can provide a comparative market analysis—looking at comparable homes recently sold, or that are on the market in your area. We can also hire a certified appraiser to determine the selling price based on comparable homes, the property’s condition, and other details.
What should I fix in my home before selling?
- One of the hardest decisions home sellers have is determining which blemishes need fixing before selling the home. It is important to get the home as move-in ready as possible, without breaking your wallet. Even minor fixes can do a great deal, so begin by taking a walk around your home—checking for broken tiles, cracked windows, and dented plaster. Make sure all the light switches work, the doors shut, and the blinds are working. Walls with excessive wear should have a fresh coat of paint, and scrubbing the cabinets can make them look new. For bigger projects, such as a bathroom or kitchen in dire need of a remodel, it is best to consult with a real estate agent. While remodeling can be a great selling point, there is usually a huge investment required. As your agent, Adams Real Estate would be happy to speak with you and help you figure out how to get the best possible return on your home.
Should I be there when my real estate agent shows my home?
- It is not recommended that the sellers be present for the home showing as it often makes prospective buyers uncomfortable. Even if there are specific traits of the house that you wish to point out to buyers, it is best to let the agent know so they can be sure to make your comments. If you must be in the home during a showing, try to stay in one location and not interfere with the prospective buyer unless they want to ask you a question. This ensures that the buyer will feel comfortable enough to check out the home as they wish.
What do I have to leave behind in the house after it’s sold?
- You are expected to leave behind anything that is a permanent fixture to the house, such as a built-in dishwasher, light fixtures (vanity lights, ceiling fans, etc.), and plants rooted in the ground. You may run into some problems if your buyer falls in love with a feature that appears to be permanent, but you are planning on taking with you. Be sure to take a look around your home and remove any item that a buyer may assume to be a part of the house. Otherwise, you may find yourself deciding between that beloved item and an offer on your house.
Have a question about selling your home that we didn’t cover? Feel free to contact us, and we’d be happy to answer your question!